Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dollar Stores



So my sis has a interesting view on Dollar stores.
We have Dollar General...where most things are "generally" a dollar. Then there is Family Dollar...where your families dollar will stretch far.
Then my personal favorite Dollar Tree...where everything is $1.00. So we all know the difference.

Oh no, my sis says they all are falsely advertising. She went into a Dollar General one day and sees that things were $5 and $10, and so forth. One day we were near a Dollar Tree and I had to go in. I had to explain the whole "everything in here IS a dollar", and that the other stores are more than a dollar.

Well her theory is they should call themselves "Family Dollar Maybe" or "Dollar-ish General" oh and my fave "Dollar General Sometimes"...
It might just be me...but it is so funny when she and I talk about this, she says they are wrong for using the word Dollar. So if that's the case, that means that ALL stores should have the word Dollar in them since we spend "dollars" in all stores.

Just something we laugh about in our family!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nature Girl said...

I'm with your Sis on this one....it drives me nuts to go into a "dollar" store and see $5 price tags. I just want to take things up to the counter and say "excuse me, you mismarked this one, it's supposed to be a dollar!" LOL

And then there's the $1.05 store. ?????? Seriously? You gotta go the extra 5 cents adn change the name of the store???
sigh...Don't get me started! LOL
Stacie

June 16, 2008 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

LOL y'all are nuts...

M~

June 16, 2008 at 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home