Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Battle Begins



I don't know where to begin. Let me start by saying this is gonna get ugly.

See I have my son with me now. While I was in prison Cody was with his dad, prior to that he was with both of us. When I got out I would go see Cody on the weekends. I had to go there on my own, and that wasn't easy. If it wasn't for my family and friends I wouldn't have made it. Cody's dad doesn't like me, if fact he hates me. So he did not care if I came or not. But Cody needed me there. And nothing was going to prevent me from going. After about three months of back and forth it was getting old, I needed to be with my son. And as luck would have it his dad needed me to keep Cody. He ws going to work in another state. So I got my son. Now let me explain. I have custody of Cody but his dad has primary custody. A mistake I made a long time ago. So Cody came to me. I got him in school. I had to basically start all over. His dad sent him with nothing, a bag of clothes and some books. Now dont get me wrong he is a good dad, but due to his hating me Cody missed out on alot. Cody never played with kids, never interacted with anyone but his dad. He went to school and that was about it. That was a good thing when it came to Cody's education. That payed off. Ok so where am I. I made the best life I could for Cody. My girlfriend has us move in with her, she had a room all ready for Cody. School was going great. We got him in scouts, he started making friends. He is growing.

Well things have been good. I get state asst. for Cody, and we do very well. His dad sends a check every week that hardly covers the childs food bill, but we do it. When I filed for asst. the state opened a child support case. His dad hated that. But we have been dealing with it. We will have a court date soon on that.

Sue, Cody and I want to move to Mt. and at this time I can't leave the state with Cody. Actually I have to live within a 100 miles of his dad, but he is the one who moved so far so I am not in violation of our divorce decree. So I came up with a easy out for his dad. I can cancel all Cody's benefits and the state will withdrawl their order on the child support. I will take care of Cody myself. So this morning when his dad dropped Cody off from theie visit I presented him the idea. I am lucky to still have Cody right now. He almost took him to KS. He acted as if I was taking Cody to India. I told him I would make sure Cody gets to him once a month, more than he sees him now. Any holiday he wants him. But he just wasn't listening. His dad looked Cody right in the eye and told him they were leaving for KS. My son lost it. He started crying and running towards me, he wouldn't let go of me. Cody told his dad he didn't want to go and that is was fine right were he was. My child begged his dad not to make him live with him. Is there something wrong there? Please don't take me as some evil woman, but I tryed being nice, now I am going legal.
We have a court date sometime in November for the child support, I am going to have to be ready then cause I know this man, he will take my kid right then, just to get out of paying child support.

I can't lose my child. I have made mistakes and not to pass judgement, but his dad was right there with me doing the drugs. But it was me who put myself where I was. And only I can change my life. But I will not let my son down. He wants to stay with me, and I will make that happen.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

oh wow...
i hope you get your kid,
he wants to be with you

September 16, 2007 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

jay-thank you, we do make a good team

September 16, 2007 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh. I'm so sad to hear that Cody's dad was so awful as to say that right to him when he least expected it. Poor little boy. Keep positive. Keep strong. Don't take any of his 'bait' and don't ever stoop to his rotten level. In the end, you'll surely prevail.

September 16, 2007 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

You say he's a good Dad? Let's take a step back & remember, shall we? All the times you begged him to bring Cody to you when you were away... oh yeah... how many times did he do that? None. How many times did your ex even write you to tell you how Cody was? Hardly none.

The only 2 things I can say your ex did for Cody was to make him appreciate the love of music & books. THAT'S IT. He isn't social ~ he doesn't interact. He never took Cody to the playground or somewhere fun. He never even let him leave the house! Pathetic. He's not the best Dad... sorry to say.

I hope you kick his ass in court. If you need a letter of support, you know you can count on me.

I hope I didn't say too much. But it's all true.

M~

September 16, 2007 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Bless your sweet heart... I can only imagine what you must be going through. I wish you the best in court-- hopefully things will work out for you. If your child is wanting to live with you, then he should most definitely be with you. Best wishes!

September 17, 2007 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Oh Amy! I am so keeping my fingers crossed for you. I think it's rotten that he said that in front of/to Cody..that in itself is not good parenting.
It sounds like you have a plan in place, I would think that the positive changes you have made in both yours and Cody's lives will make a huge impact on the courts.
Stacie

September 18, 2007 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger ~grey said...

Good luck in this battle... sounds like it is going to be a big one.

Sending you all my support and good vibes to make this go away quickly!

September 18, 2007 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Good luck....you're in my prayers, your ex obviously has some vindictive issues here. Whatever it is....hang in there, we're here for you.

September 19, 2007 at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home