Sunday, September 21, 2008

Time To Tell

I bet alot of you are wondering what the hell is going on with trial...well we are not going. I know WHAT...Things caught me by surprise and it wasn't going to be pretty. My sides were falling down...make sense?
Even the witnesses on my behalf were scared....I am talking the expert witness. Want to know what was against me? Yep the GAY mother thing....and the fact that I was in "TIME OUT" for 2yrs. Yeah it was all going against me.
Plus the other side had this pity song going on that he gave me time, um let em explain that...he says that he brought Cody to me in good faith since I hadn't had him for so long, but he wanted him back at a later time. Yeah as if that happened. Anyway, the judge was eating that up.
So all the odds against me and the pity song, shit I was scared.
Rule 11 Agreement: Cody is with me only till January 15 where I withdraw him from school and drive him up to Kansas...
Cody does the 2nd half of 3rd grade then 4th grade with dad
Then he is back with me for 5th grade and then prior to 6th grade starting Cody gets to choose where he lives.
Yeah I feel Jr.high is to important to be moved around year to year.
I can't stand the fact that he is spliting this year...I had no choice.
I almost lost Christmas this year but I fought for that being that he leaves a month later...
And if you think about it, I have Cody prior to him choosing, and that helps if you catch my dift...
Is Cody happy....hell no. He doesn't want to go at all and I don't want him to go, but I can't win them all I guess.
Why can't they see where the child is happy and leave them there. Well we have to obey the law and keep our heads held high...
I wish I could comfort my child while he is there..I can't. I can call him daily and see him as much as I can...
I have 3 months to prepare him, if you know Cody you will know that wont be easy.
So, my life will contiue till then and after that day I let him go...I will be on my way. I can't stay here where every time see his friends I cry. Or if I go to the store and see his teachers...Plus I have to get Montana ready for him when he comes home to Mommy

Thanks for all the hugs and prayers and thoughts...I dearly thank you.

6 Comments:

Blogger chez bez said...

My best your way. I did the split parents thing when I was a kid as well. They both lived in the same town so it was alternating weeks.

September 21, 2008 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

I'm sending my best your way as well Amy! I guess if this is what it takes to get them to see that Cody is happier with you then that's what you've got to do. The best revenge is living well they say and when they see after he comes back to you how much happier he is, then it'll all come together right? Right! Hang in there, it'll be a long road, but one worth taking in the end!
Stacie

September 21, 2008 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

I think the concept of "doing what's best for the child" is totally lost on the judicial system. I am constantly amazed at what passes for custody arrangements anymore. Best wishes for his immediate future, and yours!

September 21, 2008 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

I am just in utter shock... I cannot believe some stupid ass Judge came down with such a result.

I am so very sorry, Amy. So very sorry...

M~

September 22, 2008 at 1:00 AM  
Blogger ~Just Me Miranda~ said...

I shake my head....I'm so sorry, I can only imagine. Its too bad you're not in the same city.

(((BIG HUGS)))

September 25, 2008 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger Redhead Editor said...

This sucks. No doubt about it. But what's a year and a half in the scheme of things? You will win in the end. It sucks that it's Cody's formative years, but tell him to BE STRONG. Be as STRONG as his mom! You will get through this and so will he.

September 26, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home