Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Prison pages #3

I was thinking of Valentines Day and how IMPORTANT it is to get gifts and cards. I just ran to the store to get the things for Cody's class party and to pick up something for my sweetie. So easy when you have the freedom to shop. Two years ago I was in TDC putting together a Valentine for my friend in there. Ok what we can come up with. Things we used. Like one thing...I took a small shampoo bottle took the label off, which wasn't paper cause it was considered dangerous to us. I used bippy. I cut out some little hearts I drew and taped them on the bottle. Now we couldn't have tape, but I had some. Yes I was holding contraband...then I took soap and melted it in my hotpot and added water. Instant bubbles. Ok so the stick you blow from. I took a q-tip took off the cotton, then bent it to make a loop. Now the tricky part..tie the two parts together. OMG so hard. My friend loved them. Oh and then I made a box of choclates. Ok so I made a box out of the backs of writing tablets, which I cut with a razor blade. And I bought some candy bars and cut them up. Clever huh. Of course we had to get rid of all this stuff cause if they caught us with it we could get a case.
It's funny how lucky the outside world is. I certainly don't take things for granted now.
Oh and I have a new reader...she was with me in TDC. I know she can relate to these pages.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

I seem to remember you telling me about the bubbles...

Welcome to your new reader!
M~

February 13, 2008 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger John said...

You can't have tape, but they allow razor blades? hmmm

February 15, 2008 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

John took the words right out of my mouth! LOL
you came up with some very clever things, you have a very creative mind Amy, I bet you can do something really cool with that kind of talent...
Stacie

February 28, 2008 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger gemmak said...

I'll bet that the bubbles and chocolates meant way more to your friend after all the effort and thought put into them than any you can just pick up from a store :o)

March 7, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home