Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Prison Pages pg.1

I have been wanting to note down my days in TDC. Things I did, wild things I made, my life there in a whole. I have so much to tell and it might not come all at once so these pages will be speratic.
One thing is I am slowly blocking out things. Like I can't remember what the doors looked like. Now I do visit my friend there, but I can't see inside. I remember the #'s above the doors...cell #'s and I remember the color. Grey and white. So blah. And I can tell you what my cell looked like, small toilet with sink attached, a desk with steel seat, two steel bunks and a mattress. Very thin one at that. Oh and our cell was our world. We were in there alot. I was very picky about my cell. Never walked on the floor with my shoes. Gross. I cleaned my floor twice a day. I would pick everything up put it on the table, strip down to my bra and shorts and go swimming...thats what we called it. With a towel I would pour shampoo in the toilet, which is very clean by the way, and just flood the floor. Then repeat with plain water. Then dry with towel...Following that I would wash clothes in the toilet also, with shampoo and bippy. Bippy is our comet. All of which you have to buy from the store. Then hang all my clothes with bread ties, not the twisty ones the flat kind. You could slide them in the slates of the light so your clothes could hang dry. Funny I can think of all different things...but some stick out more than others. I love using my washing machine now. And a real mop...funny the other day I actually got on my hands and knees to clean the floor.
Next time I will tell ya how we made soap and tampons from pads...

4 Comments:

Blogger Leesa said...

I thought Bippy was toothpaste :)

January 29, 2008 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Funny...I thought it was to when I first got there, talk about a bad taste

January 29, 2008 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Amazing what you can come up with, with limited things.

January 29, 2008 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Wow. I'm glad you posted this. I remember how gray & white everything was. So sterile looking. And I only saw the visitors area. I can't imagine what the rest of the place looked like.

M~

January 29, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home