Monday, November 19, 2007

4 Long Hours

Yesterday afternoon was going smooth, we were planning on what to have for dinner and just relaxing. Sue didn't have to work and I was looking forward to spending the night together. Well we all know that was too good to be true. I am not complaining about what happened. But Cody was riding his scooter and playing with his friend, I am on the phone with my sis...and BAM Cody falls off the scooter. Tears were pouring out. He had fell on his knee. Now most cuts, scraps, bumbs, and dings I can deal with, but this one was beyond my control. He had punctued his knee cap and I couldn't tell if it was bone or tissue. And the weird thing is it wasn't bleeding. The blood was collecting on the knee. I couldn't even clean it out. Instant swelling and this white stuff peering out. Soooo off we go, to the emergency room. What fun. We went to 2 waiting rooms and then 1 private room. It all came down to...he didn't hit the bone and we were looking at tissue but it wasn't damaged. They put some gross stuff on it and wrapped it up. He is doing good, no recess or PE for 2 days. And yes he loves that he got out of chores for a couple of days. And we got to spend the evening together, one big happy family. Dinner, was drive thru.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

HOLY CRAP, AMY!!! That sounds DISGUSTING!!! The poor kid!

I think I would have passed out if I had seen that. LOL

See you on Wednesday!
:)
M~

November 19, 2007 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

ICK! I remember TJ coming home all the time with cuts and scrapes and road rash...ICK ICK ICK! I'm glad Cody's ok and nothing broken..
Stacie

November 19, 2007 at 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home