Monday, October 8, 2007

Nice Try

This past Saturday was a day to forget. We came home from Cody's game to his dad in our driveway. Now we had an idea that he was coming but not positive. We pulled up and got out of the truck. Cody wasn't out yet when the words of "Amy Cody is going back with me" "pack him up" were stated. My jaw dropped. Cody rolled up the windows and locked the doors of the truck. He was on the inside of the truck. Mr. One Up thought he had the upper hand by calling the police. Guess what I was prepared for this. Now being a weekend I got lucky. The officer couldn't call the courts to see if I had an order to not remove the child. Which I do. He was so sure he was leaving here with the kid.
The sad part of the whole thing was a 7yr old locking himself in a vehicle screaming not to go. The officer good see that Cody didn't want to go anywhere.
I was a scared lady. I just can't bare to be without him. So I am holding my head up and kinda proud. I didn't back down and I stood my ground. Something I am not good at doing with Mr.One Up.

So now am I overwhelmed with stress and concern. I sometimes think about what will happen if Cody has to go. Will I get up in the morning since he wont be going to school? Will I make sure there is milk in the fridge? Will I find myself going to help out at Scouts? Will I coach a soccer team? I can't tell you how I will react. And I try not to think about. The worst thought is how will Cody act. Like any mother I will fight with all I have.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

You don't need to worry about any of that, hon. Mr. One Up doesn't have a leg to stand on. And the fact that after he was told by the cop that he can't have Cody, and then proceeded to go home, shows me he's NOT interested in the welfare of your child ~ it's simply a power struggle to him to "One Up" you! Stand strong.

M~

October 9, 2007 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh man. Yes, I agree with Marianna. He's just trying to control the situation, using his son as a pawn. Shame on him. Keep on doing what you're doing, and always remain calm. (easy for me to say) Trust that all will work out and you will retain custody.

October 10, 2007 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Man! I'm glad it worked out for now, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. The very fact that Cody obviosly didn't want to go and the cop was witness to that will work in your favour I am sure!
Hugs,
Stacie

October 10, 2007 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger Redhead Editor said...

He can mess with you all he wants. You can take care of yourself. But when Mr. One Up starts messing with your kid (who is his too), then he's gonna have a fight. No father who really loves his son would put him in the middle. You keep on fighting, Girl. We're with you all the way.

October 11, 2007 at 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home