Tuesday, June 19, 2007

More Projects

So, the tub project turned into a back door project.
Which wasn't easy.
My back door had to be taken off completely, we had to clean off all the old caulk and move old siding, and get all new screws.

So this left my back door gone for 6 hours.
Heat pouring in, flies everywhere, OMG it was HOT.

My mind went back to TDC, my 5x9 cell with no AC, and a very small personal fan.
For a brief moment I was edgy. I hadn't really thought about how things were, or remembered things so clearly until today. The little things we take for granted.

But.. the door is back on, no more leaking, and I've killed at least 20 flies.
( and for my sis.. I did think about the flies last wishes) :P

My house is cool again :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

It's tough that certain things remind you of what your life was like for nearly 3 years... but I think it also makes you appreciate that much more what you have now. I'm sooo glad you're out! I had a weird dream last nite ~ it involved the Marlin unit.

M~

June 20, 2007 at 5:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hadn't really thought about how things were, or remembered things so clearly until today.

and you've made the choice to never go back...

The past is the past because it is the past!

June 20, 2007 at 5:56 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

I had to laugh that she makes you think of the flies last wishes...too funny. She'd not be happy if she knew the amount of pesticides I invest in yearly to keep the spiders at bay...YIKES!

Glad your project is finished and your door is back on!
Stacie

June 20, 2007 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

lol.. I just remind her that maybe that fly has a family :)

No..I don't want to hear about pesticides :P

June 20, 2007 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger ~grey said...

but does the fly know that it has a family....?

glad everything went back were it belongs...

June 24, 2007 at 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home