Thursday, March 13, 2008

What A Day...

I know now why lawyers get paid so much.. I was in court today from 9am-5pm. But what a victory.
I will start with the lovely fact that the other party was there. I really wasn't expecting him to be there, but I handle myself nicely. We played lawyer tag for a good part of the morning. Back and forth with questions and offers. Then at lunch I was asked to bring in the kid. So I run to the school get him and make it back in time. Only to have to wait again on lawyers. As I sit in the hallway, I couldn't help but listen to what was being said. Things like..."I shouldn't have to pay for health insurance if she has him covered"..."Will you take into consideration all my bills"..."My child sees a psychiatrist, why don't I know what is said there"...Oh and my favorite..."I think she listens in on my phone conversations with my son"...PLEASE...
At one time I was scared cause I thought I heard that the kid was going to have to spend the weekend with dad...being that we leave for MT tomorrow. But it worked out...they are only at dinner. So as the day continues...we haggle with child support. What is expected of him. Considering my g/f covers most everything...he shouldn't be to mad right? Oh hell no...he wants to walk away with paying nothing. Guess what...NOT.
In the end...I am almost on my way to MT. for good. All we have to do now is get a evaluation for the boy and set a final hearing. I must have talk to my sis a million times today...lol. She loves me huh?
I am not a bitch, but you know what...my kid belongs with me. He is happy, he feels safe, and most of all he has a life. I can do that better than dad.
Alright I am off to sis's tomorrow so I will see yall in a few days...Have a great weekend.
Update...Cody just came home from dinner with dad and he wont stop crying...he says nothing happened, he wont talk to me. My poor baby...Vacation is soo needed.

6 Comments:

Blogger chez bez said...

I look forward to seeing more pictures of you jumping into the water in Montana. ;)

My best to ya.

March 13, 2008 at 11:46 PM  
Blogger Redhead Editor said...

I am sooooooooo happy for you Amy. Way to go!

March 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Congrats and good luck on finishing up the process, you guys will love living on Montana (but you already know that from your visits!)

March 15, 2008 at 12:38 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

I'm so sorry I didn't call you... it's been insane, if you can imagine. We'll talk this weekend, ok?

M~

March 15, 2008 at 7:13 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm so glad things are going your way. Most important of all, is just what you said, he needs to be where he feels SAFE, and loved of course. He knows that is with you. keep the faith and the rest will fall into place.

I hope that "Dad" didn't lay a guilt trip on Cody. I would suspect he did - why else would Cody be crying? Poor lil thing. It'll be ok. Nothing some extra TLC won't fix. I hope.

March 15, 2008 at 7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm soooo hapy for you Goob.I know you work very hard at keeping Cody happy.Keep ur head up,babe.Don't let buthead put a damper on ur vacation with Cody.He will talk to you when he feels it's safe.Give him time sweetie.Have fun in MT.I love ya'll.

March 16, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home