Thursday, October 25, 2007

One Year Ago

It's hard to believe, but I have been home a year. This time last year I was signing papers to promise the state of Texas that I would be a good girl. I can't explain my feelings right now. I keep thinking of how things were before I got locked up, how things were not as complicated...and I am glad I am where I am today.
Last night at about 12:30, a friend called that I was locked up with and she had run into another girl that was there with us. I couldn't even remember who they were. I like that...that part of my life will always be with me, but remembering the details fades. I like that.
I have an awesome family, great friends, and my feet on the ground. What more could I ask for?
Thanks for all of those who keep me going!

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

I had a feeling that those people would fade into the distance. Do you remember all the times we talked about how these people would not be what they were in your life back then?

I'll always be by your side!
:)
M~

October 25, 2007 at 7:16 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Amy, I'm so happy for you, and so proud of you. That may sound silly comeing from someone you never really met before, but I know it's hard work making any changes in your life let alone the changes you've made. I think you are awesome!
Stacie

October 25, 2007 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Funny how the bad things fade with time. Im so happy that you've seemed to have found your niche. Way to go!

October 25, 2007 at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home