Thursday, August 16, 2007

Playing House

Well I am finally got up on everything. Since I have been home from Mt. I have been running non stop. But today I am done. I will relax, clean my house, play on the computer, and cook dinner for my family. I have neglected them so much.

I forgot to tell yall what happened to Cody and I on the plane. The ride was as always long. And it was almost over, but we have to land sometime. After a few delays and sitting on the runways we started our desent. It was up to air traffic control to guide us in, due to clouds. Cody is just playing with the kids behind us, I am just waking up, when we spun. By spun I mean rolled over 200 degrees. They had put us behind a 747(to close to one) we got their tail wind. OMG it was like a free fall, and not the kind I was feeling while jumping from cliffs. People were screaming, flight attendants were falling in passengers laps, and I, along with Cody, was crying. The whole crew got shook up. Later the pilot came over in loud speaker and told us what happen, but in informed us that he has never been that scared. Oh thanks for that info...he did wait till we were on the ground to tell us. I fly alot and never have I wanted off that plane so bad. Weee.

So until Christmas, I am not getting on another plane.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! That's pretty... uh... I dunno. I mean, THAT reminds you how great it is to be alive.

I know I would have been scared as well. I guess more of not being in control rather than the whole 200 degree loop de loop.

August 16, 2007 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Geez!!! Shouldn't he keep that sort of info to himself, to ensure the customers that flying is safe????? Or is it? But, there are more accidents on the roads than there are up in the sky. Always feel safe knowing that- however, with your experience, that's hard for you to take in, huh?

Hope you're doing great Amy! Have a great weekend!

August 17, 2007 at 6:46 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

OMG! That was my biggest fear when I was taking flight lessons and that was just a little cherokee, I can't begin to imagine how awful it would be in a commercial airline. I will tell you this though, I know this for a fact, those pilots go thur EXTENSIVE training for spins, EXTENSIVE, and for him to pull you out..well...that's one hell of a pilot right there! I'd fly with him any day of the week and twice on Sunday as M would say.
Wow..No thanks...My instructor tried to get me to do spins on purpose so I would lose my fear of them, but I declined...I don't think I'd ever recover from that.
Yikes!
Stacie

August 18, 2007 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

When you 1st told me about it last week, I couldn't imagine what happened til I saw it visually by you. That's the craziest experience EVER!

M~

August 20, 2007 at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home