Thursday, July 12, 2007

Today Is a Good Day

Hi, it's me, Marianna. Amy asked me to blog this for y'all since she doesn't have her computer just yet. I got teary-eyed when she gave it to me to type for her. She also asked me to tell you "thank you" for all the kind birthday wishes y'all had for her yesterday. She really appreciates it!


*******************************************
I made a choice 3 years ago that changed my life drastically. I lost my freedom, my dreams, my family - all hope. I was like every other Mother, play dates, school, snack time, story time. I had everything I needed and wanted more. My sister & I would talk all the time. My life was wonderful but I had to have more.

I was so into my addiction that months went by before I saw what was happening. By then, it was too late. I couldn't see what was right in front of me. I got arrested and with no hope of getting out of it. This was it - nothing or nobody could get me out. So for the next 3 years, I was to be owned by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. I was in a maximum security prison - yes, I was scared. I'm supposed to be playing Duck, Duck, Goose - not looking thru bars. I did my time and was granted parole - but as of today, July 12, 2007, I no longer belong to the State of Texas. I am off parole.

But it wasn't easy - I had to be trusted again - loved again - Cody had to regain his belief that Mom wouldn't leave him. Along with him - my sister & brother-in-law had to trust and believe - give me that 2nd chance. And then my dear friend Marianna, who took me into her home, had to trust that my past was behind me and help me thru this.

On this day, I wouldn't have made it without all of them.

Now the thought has come into my head that I'm free and I can do anything I want - sure it has. But what I want is with me now - Cody - Leesa - George - Sue - Marianna. That's all I need.

My best friend Christina always asks me if I miss her when I'm gone or on vacation. And the first thing I think of is - wow, someone cares that I'm gone - no one in prison misses me.

I have a great life. My son is with me - my family is behind me - a girlfriend who I love very much and loves me for me - which is a first when it comes to relationships. I have friends that I can go to about anything and at anytime. I have my life back today.

Today is a good day!

11 Comments:

Blogger Nature Girl said...

Amy, I am so very happy for you and so proud to call you my friend. I know we don't know each other very well, but thru Marianna and Leesa, and now thru your blog, I feel like I know you more and more. I think you're a great mom and I admire your fortitude and determination to overcome your past misakes. I think your FAB! Congratulations!
Stacie

July 12, 2007 at 6:57 AM  
Blogger ~grey said...

Oh Amy!!! As Stacie said... we don't know each other very well. But we have alot of friends in common. Words can not explain how happy I am for you!!! Your post is incredible. CONGRATS on your freedom day!!!

You Rock!
D

July 12, 2007 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger ~grey said...

oh and Marianna did good!!! no spelling mistakes or anything... LOL

teasing!!!

July 12, 2007 at 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
Marianna's friend here...I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! :) dm

July 12, 2007 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AS a marathon runner, we make mistakes before and during the race that ends up messing us up. We may get injured, miss our goal time or even quit the race before the finish line.

Life is a marathon and congratulations to you that you chose to learn from your "bad" race. You have the support you need to finish the rest of your race strong and with a smile on your face.

I am very happy for you! Congrats!

July 12, 2007 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Congrats Amy, sounds like you've gone through a harsh time and come out the other side stronger. That's all anyone can really ask for. Everyone makes mistakes, the important thing is that we learn from them and become a better person for it. Sounds like you have!

July 12, 2007 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger John said...

You count Leesa and Marianna as a blessing? Wow, you were low. ;)

Congrats!

July 12, 2007 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm stopping by way of Marianna.

Congratulations on overcoming so much. May the strength you have acquired ease your way through future endeavors!

July 12, 2007 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Here via Marianna's. Congratulations!! A cuppa sun to you. :~)

July 13, 2007 at 4:45 AM  
Blogger ~grey said...

LMAO @ John!!! What a friend!

July 13, 2007 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Redhead Editor said...

Boy, my internet goes down for a weekend and I miss the party. Can you believe I sent you an e-card for your birthday and completely forgot you didn't have a computer? So I'm dropping by to wish you Happy Freedom Day and Happy Belated Birthday. I bet you don't forget July 2007. So proud of you. Glad I could come along for the ride.

July 15, 2007 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home